On Thursday, April 13, we are excited to invite you to our open house for parents of MAGIC After School students to drop in and see some of the programs we have to offer. Our Parent Night will be from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. We will be serving light refreshments, so come and visit us. H. Hughes, Site Coordinator
The MES Star Running Club is an after-school, extra-curricular club of third, fourth, and fifth grade girls desiring to be mentored by adults through physical exercise (running/training), intentional instruction (teaching of life skills), and selfless service (giving by to our community).
What We Believe:
Every girl -needs mentoring -needs success -needs skills -needs confidence
Coaches are Donna Sink, Brooke Capellupo, Pam Gibbs, and Ashley Howell
Parents – Micaville School needs your assistance.
February 16, 2017
In an effort to continually improve Micaville School, this letter is being written to request your assistance with a few “housekeeping” problems we are experiencing.
1. Try to avoid calling the school to change plans of afternoon childcare. Send a note to the teacher if there is a change of plans.
2. Do not arrive at school before 2:35 to pick up your child. If there is an appointment or emergency and you must arrive early, you must stop by the office and have your child called to the office. Remember: three early dismissals will be considered an absence. Students are missing instructional time when they leave early or come to school tardy.
3. All visitors must ALWAYS stop by the office. Do not walk down the hall unless the office gives notice. This is a safety issue. There are too many interruptions during instruction.
4. If you or your child is sick, do not come into the school building. If your child gets sick while at school, someone at school will notify you. Please make sure we have current phone numbers on file.
5. You have probably noticed our “New Parent Parking” area. If you have an appointment or need to pick up your child before 2:35, you need to park in the parent parking area and walk in and sign your student out.
6. The gates will be closed until 2:30. Do not park outside of this gate. It causes a traffic jam.
7. Please do not congregate in the foyer at the end of school. There is too much noise and students are not able to hear announcements. This is a safety issue.
8. Parents – we need your support in these areas to help your student thrive academically.
Michele D. Laws, Principal
There is a change from the earlier schedule for the MAGIC re-open date. It will re-open on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
There will be a PTO meeting on Monday, January 23, at 4 p.m. in the Media Center.
We will have spirit week beginning Monday, December 5 through Friday, December 9.
Monday ~ Micaville Monday
Tuesday ~ Twin or Triplet Tuesday
Wednesday ~ Winter Wonderland Wednesday
Thursday ~ Thoughtful Thursday - Nice Notes Small tokens of Appreciation to friends, staff, etc.
Friday ~ Fantasy Friday - Dress as a Fictional/Fantasy Character
There will be a School Improvement Team meeting at 7 a.m. in the conference room on Thursday, November 10. If you are a member, please make plans to attend. If you have any concerns, please let Mrs. Honeycutt know.
Yancey County Schools will be using Power School Home Base Parent Portal the 2016-2017 school year. This portal will allow parents to access their student's grades, attendance and other important information. Learn how to create your parent account and link your student to your account using information unique to your student. Needed information to link a student account to the parent account will be sent home to parents from staff at each school. Once you have this information, just view the training videos below to setup your account and navigate through your Parent Portal. Once you are ready to create your own parent account, type or copy and paste this web link into your browser https://yanceync.powerschool.com/public/ For parent convenience, this link will be posted to every school's home page under the Parent tab on the top navigation bar.